Saturday 8 May 2010


08.05.2010



On the 1st of June 2010 I shall begin the (actual hands on creative) work of a one month residency project which involves constructing an installation/space intervention in the old Paloheimo Oy power plant in Riihimäki.
I originally thought that I would begin this blog
on the 1st of June, documenting the projects process, progresson and developments but I realised that infact it might be interesting to start now and include some of the preparation work involved, without which, there would be no project.

At the beginning of this week I signed the contrct with YIT which is the company that now owns the old power plant. YIT is interested in raising public awareness of this
protected historical building and it's potiential as a possible future Cultural Centre, YIT is allowing me the use of the space on the condition that I have the doors open and invite the public in, it is exactly because of this that I am able to realise an art work that I have been thinking about for the last 2 years.

So the contrct is signed, insurance is in place.
I would like to say a big thank you to Sirpa Taulu of Ars-Häme for all her advice and help with this.
Next is to write contracts for 2 artists; Tuomas Laitinen and Kalle Mustonen who I have invited to exhibit their works juring my one month residency.

All for now........


No comments:

Post a Comment